Listings here will contain warnings on products and Company info.
We have received several calls and inquiries with respect to the NEW “HR 4040” Child Safety Law that went into effect earlier this year. To ensure that you are in compliance on products purchased from
Such as the listing below for Edushape
ALL Products Produced by and Distributed by Edushape Ltd. Meet and Exceed ASTM / CPSC and CE / EN71 Safety Testing Requirements.: (additional testing points are addressed as required by product type and by Federal Law Requirements under the new safety ruling “93HR4040”94-96)
ALL Edushape Products - CPSC TESTING requirements:
- ASTM 16CFR 1303 - Lead Free requirements as required by CPSC & CPSA regulations
- ASTM F963 07e1 - Magnets meet the NEW CPSC & CPSA standards issued in May, 2007
- ASTM 16CFR 1500.3 (c, (6),(vi) for Flammability requirements
- ASTM F963-03 – void of Heavy Metal requirements – Section 184.108.40.206
- ASTM 16 CFR 1500 – “Federal Hazards Substances Act Regulation”
EDUSHAPE / FOAM products are:
- PHTHALATE COMPLIANT: This means that even if plasticizers are used in the softening process of plastics, and Phthalates are found, they are within the acceptable limits of the standard set by the CPSC / ASTM and CE testing requirements.
- INKS are ORGANIC: However some can contain lead or Phthalate, so they are tested and found to be within the acceptable limits of the standard set by the CPSC / ASTM and CE testing requirements.
EDUSHAPE MUSIC products are:
- PLASTIC RAW MATERIAL: Is Polycarbonate [PC] which creates the transparency in toys like the Rainmakers.
- Bisphenole-A [BPA] is controversial: Halilit has stopped using PC and replaced it with TABS, a transparent version of the well known ABS plastic material. (However keep in mind that both EN71 and ASTM toy safety standards do not limit the use of PC in toys.)